Sunshine & Water Fights

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

If you live in Ontario, hopefully you've been enjoying the sunshine and warmth because I most definitely have! The first day of this heat wave I didn't even realize that it was warm outside when I went out in the evening so I brought a sweater along. haha... my body almost went into shock after being in a cool basement all day!
Over the past week I've actually had the opportunity to connect with some kids who are not LiTs! (Though I do love my LiTs A LOT! It's just good to see more of my kids too!) On Saturday, I made the trip down to downtown Toronto to visit KidsChurch. KidsChurch is a ministry that happens bi-weekly on Saturdays in a housing co-op. Many of the kids there have been in camp before so it was awesome to see many kids that I haven't seen in a year... and in some cases TWO YEARS!!!!

Thank you to everyone who prayed that the kids would come out because there was SO many kids there! We had over 20 kids out and most of them were very interested in camp. Some of the ones that weren't quite old enough tried to win me over with tears to be allowed to come :( I brought 50 forms down with me and left with ZERO! Please pray that many of these kids will be allowed to come to camp with us this summer.

Monday was a day at the provincial office. For those of you who are not already aware, CEFOntario has moved to Brantford, where we are currently renting space at the camp that CEF will OWN on October 1! If you want to see pictures and hear more about how God has brought about this change for the ministry check out the CEFOntario website... http://www.cefontario.org/NewFiles/news_and_events_01.html After working in the office almost every day last summer, it has been very different not being there at all. So despite the 2 hour drive, it was a welcome change for the day.

Today was another chance to connect with some kids. Since the weather was so hot today we took the kids outside for some fun with the sprinkler, water guns, water balloons, and lots and lots of water! Probably not the most relaxing way to cool off when you have kids spraying water in your face... but I find that times like these are when I am able to connect with the kids that most. Today was definitely the start of new relationships with some of the kids, which will be great to build on at camp this summer. Plus, who doesn't like acting like a kid again for the afternoon???

♥ Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP