I'm Lovin' It!

>> Thursday, June 10, 2010

After a discouraging couple of days both personally and within the ministry, today brought some excitement into my life again for what God is doing and about to do.


This morning we had a meeting to discuss Thorncliffe Park and I am SO pumped! The first week of summer ministry, I will be providing leadership to the CEF team at Thorncliffe and also the second week nearby in a place called Flemington Park. Those two innercity areas will be our target in the afternoon, while in the morning we will be working with Calvary Church at their day camp. I will have the opportunity to teach the Bible stories the 2nd week at the church, which I am really looking forward too! Now I just can't wait to find out who the teams will be that I am working with!!! :)


Then tonight was just a really good night with my girls. They really opened up with us about some of the things that they struggle with in their lives and as hard as it was to hear... it was amazing to see how God has protected them and how He is working in their lives. Some of you may remember me taking them to a teen's conference a few months ago. One of the girls told me tonight that she was so convicted by the things that she learned at that conference that she went home and broke up with her boyfriend. If you've never heard Brett Ullman speak... check him out! God has given him an amazing talent for talking to teens about media and dating... and the impact on my girls lives has been incredible after just hearing him speak once! God is really working in these girls hearts and they are trying their best to learn what He wants for them and applying it to their lives.


Though I'm pumped... the busyness is starting to turn into tiredness. Please pray that God will continue to give me energy and strength over the next couple of weeks as I finish administration work and go into summer training and work in the field, as well as finish my book report for Worldviews this weekend! :)

♥ Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP