Psalm 62

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 62:5-6

I've come back to this psalm so many times over the past year as I've struggled to find rest in the midst of chaos and few days of true rest. There's been many things I've discovered over that time period about grace, God's strength and most importantly where my rest is found. No matter how many days off that I have or hours of sleep... the real rest that I need in order to not be burnt out at the end of this summer is found only in the presence of God.

So as I take a few days of rest this weekend and am able to escape work, ministry and the hustle and bustle of the city, all I really want is to escape into the arms of God. God's strength and grace is the only reason I could come back this summer... it's the only reason that I am able to be a part of these kids lives... and it's the only reason that I am alive.

And I will be forever thankful that whatever happens in my life, whether this summer or in the months and years ahead, in God's arms I will not be shaken!

♥ Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

I love this Psalm!

Anonymous,  June 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

I love this Psalm

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP