1+1=???

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We've all heard the math teacher say, "You'll need to know this at some point in your life!" But who ever believed them??? Seriously??? Well considering that this intern had no plans of pursuing anything math or science related, I definitely laughed every time I heard this ridiculous statement.

Well it's come back to haunt me. Who knew that you would need to remember things from Grade 8 math class when working in children's ministry. Some of you might be scratching your heads by now... so I'll drag this out longer!


Math was definitely my weakest subject in school. I wasn't terrible at it... but I also wasn't so crazy about it either. I could take it or leave it. Actually I would just leave it. I didn't even have the attention span or long-term memory capacity to help my younger siblings sometimes.

So imagine my surprise when today I found myself driving to tutor someone for Grade 8 math! Ok! Ok! I did have a few days notice... but still, the shock hadn't quite worn off yet. I was so worried that I would have forgotten everything that I had been taught and practiced, so I prayed all the way there that God would bring the things back to my memory so that I could help her understand and apply the math in a way that she would remember.

One look at the sheet and equations that I haven't seen in YEARS seemed as familiar as yesterday! Praise God! Now we just have to wait and see what the tests and report cards bring. :)

Please pray for me as I continue to tutor this young lady for math every Wednesday afternoon.

♥ Ash

P.S. It's funny how the only reason I need to know math is for another math teacher... some things never change!!!!

FUN MATH UPDATE!
KM Count = approx. 1100km travelled so far this summer
39 days until Summer Training Institute!
75 days until Leaders in Training (LiT) & Jr. Camp!
81 days until Sr. Camp!
94 more days of work!
And only 102 days until I move back to Heritage to start my 3rd year of my undergrad!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

This made my day. Math teachers are always right, so they say. Hahaha, continue smiling, and God bless. love you lots.

Meee (Marshell)

Scarlet May 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

LOL i love math :)
it's so relaxing LOL
wow...
I totally sounded like a stereotypical asian right there

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP