Two Hundred Fifty-Three

>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010

That would be the number of days since I left my position as intern last summer. In some ways those have been a long 253 days but in other ways they have been very short. So much has happened and I can't wait to see how God is going to use those experiences for His glory this summer.

It's crazy to think that I almost threw in the towel in the fall. I almost completely gave it up. For what? Nothing that would be worth anything in God's sight. It wasn't because I lost my love for "my kids" or even because I was frustrated with the ministry. But when you let the things of the world and other people eat away at your passion instead of allowing God to nurture it then the passion is not so visible anymore.

I was just meditating on Colossians 3:23-34... "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." (I am aware of the context of this verse... this was just what I was thinking at the time) God is who I am serving with my life... and so when other people's opinions and views on what I should be doing with God's call overcome that focus on serving there is definitely a problem. I do not feel called to serve "in" the church. The passion God has given me does not rest there.

The people that surround me right now are so supportive of this passion that God has given me. The passion is really a gift. There's no words to describe just how strong it is in my being. I think that sometimes my friends make me talk about "my kids" just so they can hear it. haha. But I'm okay with that.

So my goal this summer is to just allow God to use this gift of passion that He has given me to shine His light on these kids and all the people that I come in contact with. Because this is all for His glory anyways.

♥ Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP