One week to go...

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010

So here comes what we have been waiting for all year! In just one week Liz and I officially start summer ministry with CEFOntario. I will be working at home for the first week to take a rest from an incredibly stressful year both academically and personally, and also to tend to some appointments in Mount Forest. We're hoping that this strategy will help with burnout management later in the summer.

Thankfully there will be no shortage of work because I dislike being bored. My work with CEF is very easy to take anywhere and so I tended to be a girl on the move last summer. This summer is going to be a little bit different however! I just found out last week that I will be living in the same host home ALL summer, except for summer training and Camp Good News of course. This is such a blessing after moving my stuff literally 20 times last summer, including trips home for the weekend and moving out and then back into dorm.

The blessings keep coming with over 20% of my support in and more pledged. God has truly been good to me in so many ways. I have never struggled financially during my time at school, and that has been a blessing in so many ways. The other blessing is the amount of prayer support that I have. I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and encouragement so far. It makes taking this leap of faith feel more like taking a step. I am so thankful for each one of you, and I will probably say thank you one hundred more times this summer. haha

Just a prayer update.
- I have two exams this week... Monday and Tuesday... so prayer for focus in studying and in the exams as well... sometimes I tend to lose it right in the middle of the exam.
- I have a dietician appointment next week and hopefully it will confirm that I am lactose intolerant... or lead us on a path to actually discovering what has been effecting my health.
- for the CYIAs as they prepare for upcoming summer ministry (especially May 7-9 when they have their retreat)
- for the CEF staff as they prepare summer ministry and training classes, and also as they lead the CYIAs this summer.
- That God would be glorified in everything we do this summer.

This is Ashley signing off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP