What Does This Girl Actually Do?!?!?!

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So apparently a lot of people don't know what I do with CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship of Ontario). And it's kind of hard to give an answer to that question... and it is not because I don't do anything. The truth is that I do so many different things that I can't really keep track of them all sometimes! :)

I'm going to try and give an answer to this very important question! ;) At least for the school year side of my role!

My main role with CEF is in the innercity ministry with Camp Good News. This includes attending monthly Slingshot Saturdays for the kids. There we just get to know the kids a bit better and provide Christian teaching and mentorship. We also have a lot of fun!! One of our most recent adventures was a photo scavenger hunt where the kids had a blast!


My second role is to mentor a small group out of these kids called LiTs or Leaders in Training. These are a group of older kids that we saw leadership potential in and so invited to a special camp week during the Jr. camp this summer. Recently we had an LiT retreat where we able to reconnect with them and dig deeper into God's Word to learn who we are in Him. I recently got to take a few of them to a teen's conference called Today's Teens, which was a blast and really challenged the girls in thinking about media, culture and dating.

I also help to run an LiT facebook group, which we post discussions and devos on. This just helps us to connect more and disciple and teach the girls because it's very difficult to connect with them any other way. They all live in different areas of Toronto and to get them together is almost impossible so this is the next best thing. Surprisingly, for a facebook group, I've had some pretty positive feedback so far!

My last role is the confusing one! haha. I do a lot of administration type work for the ministry as well. This includes birthday cards for all the camp kids, making flyers, posters and brochures and organizing events. Basically whatever comes up I do. lol. If that makes any sense at all...

I also do a lot of informal things like connecting with the kids frequently over MSN and Facebook. Basically just encouraging them and letting them know that I'm there if they ever need to talk or whatever. I get to know a lot of them better through this and have built some pretty amazing relationships with some of them over the past couple of years just by remaining in contact with them through the school year.

I'm sure that something else will come to me later...lol. But for now that's all... until summer at least. That's when the job description gets about 100x more complicated. And I'm not exaggerating even a little bit!! :)

♥ Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP