Obsessed with Jesus

>> Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Ever since I first found out I was going to Haiti, I have heard the same things over and over again. "Aren't you scared?" "That's so dangerous" or something along those lines inferring that I should reconsider.

But ever since I found out I was going I have had a sincere sense of peace about it. Who am I to say that where God is calling me is too dangerous? His children live there everyday. Who am I to question whether He will take care of me and use me for His glory? He promises to be with me wherever I go.


In the fall I was reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and I was hit by what he said. "People who are obsessed with Jesus aren't consumed with their personal safety and comfort above all else. Obsessed people care more about God's kingdom coming to this earth than their own lives being shielded from pain or distress."

Just a thought for your own life. How obsessed are you? Are you willing to endure hardship, trial, or possibly even death for your King?

♥ Ash

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP